About the test
- The test has 24 multiple choice questions*
- Questions are chosen at random by a computer from a bank of question
- You have 45 minutes to complete the test
- The pass mark is 75% (18 out of 24 questions correct)
- There are approximately 60 official Life in the UK Test centres in the UK
- The pass rate is currently around 80%
- Find more information here
* The 24 questions are based on the 3rd Edition handbook – “Life in the United Kingdom: A guide for new residents”.
Who has to take the test
Everyone aged 18-65 has to pass the Life in the UK test as part of their application process. The official test will cost £50 to book.